El Colegio de Mexico officially opened its doors on October 8, 1940 in Mexico City, Mexico. ColMex, as the academic center is known, started as a refuge for Spanish scientists, thinkers, humanists and writers during Spain’s Civil War. It has evolved to become one of the most outstanding centers of research and teaching in the Latino world. As of 2010, El Colegio had over 300 full-time students who are grant holders in highly rated academic programs, and an almost equal number of faculty members and researchers. In 2001, El Colegio won the Prince of Asturias Prize for Social Sciences.
http://www.thehispanicalmanac.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/October-8-1940-Mexico-City-ColMex.jpg 531 827 admin admin1940-10-08 19:49:562017-12-21 23:55:20El Colegio de Mexico Opening